Texas family law attorney, Kathy Black, serves clients in Montgomery County
Kathy Black established the Law Office of Kathy Black in 2004. The law firm is located in Conroe, Texas. Ms. Black focuses her practice exclusively on family law and she is Board Certified in Family Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization as of 2012. Family law cases surrounding divorce, custody, support, modification, property division, etc. are all important matters that a skilled, Board Certified attorney, such as Ms. Black, would be committed to resolving. In the area of property division in a divorce settlement, she has particularly strong knowledge regarding oil and gas assets and military benefits. Certified by the Forum Resolution, Inc. Ms Black is an adept mediator whose intimate knowledge of the law and superior communication skills makes her quite successful in mediating cases.
Actively fostering her devotion to family law, Ms. Black devotes significant time to professional organizations and pro bono service organizations.
Bar & Court Admissions
- Texas, 2003
- Board Certified in Family Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization – 2012
- State Bar of Texas, Family Law Section, GP — Solo Section member since 2003
- Houston Bar Association, Family Law Section 2003 – 2009
- State Bar College (takes more CLE than minimum members must complete annually double the required amount of CLE) member since 2003
- Pro Bono College 2008
- Katy Bar Association, Vice President, 2005 – 2006, President, 2006 – 2008
- Fort Bend County Bar Association, Treasurer, 2004 – 2005, Secretary, 2005 – 2006; member, 2003 – 2012
- American Bar Association, Family Law Section
- Burta Rhoads Raborn Inn of Courts member,2003 – 2012
- Texas Academy of Family Law Specialists 2013
- Montgomery County Bar Association, At Large Bar Member 2013
- The Woodlands Bar Association 2013
- Family Law Foundation, lifetime member
Pro Bono Service Law Practice Management
- Fort Bend Lawyers Care 2003 – 2013
- National Adoption Day Committee 2006 – 2009
- CASA Advisory Council 2009 – present
- Women’s Legal Forum 2008 – present
- ABA Family Law Trial Workshop; May 2008
- South Texas College of Law, J.D., 2003
- University of Southern Colorado, B.S., 1996
At the Law Office of Kathy Black, our focus is solely on family law. We represent individuals and families in Conroe, Cut and Shoot, Montgomery, Shenandoah, Splendora, The Woodlands,Willis and all areas and all towns within Montgomery County with civilian and military divorce cases and post-divorce issues.
Treating your private family matters with the utmost discretion, Kathy Black offers trusted legal advice and guidance to resolve divisive marital conflicts. Call our law firm at (936)537-2471 to arrange a consultation.